BASRaT Members Block Professional Liability Insurance Scheme
The British Association of Sports
Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT) provide Professional Liability
Insurance for qualified members based in the United Kingdom and Republic
of Ireland, as part of BASRaT membership.
Members should contact BASRaT or visit their website www.basrat.org to obtain a copy of the current insurance certificate. Details of the new exclusion relating to the treatment of Professional Footballers effective 1st July 2016 can be obtained from the new membership certificate valid from 1st February 2016 or as a download frm this page.
The key benefits of the policy include:
- Limit of £5 million any one claim
- No Excess payable
- World-Wide Cover up to 60 days in any 12 month period
- All activities within BASRaT's role delineation included
Please download a more comprehensive summary of cover from this page which provides more details of the terms and conditions. Downloads are also available for the full policy wording which should be read in conjunction with the members current certificate of insurance.
- Student BASRaT members qualified to practice Sports Massage may apply for separate cover (application form available to download here)
- Cover for activities not insured under the Block Scheme may be available separately on request. Click here for an application
- Members trading as a Limited Company may require separate insurance, and should click here for an application form. (see summary of cover for companies included within the Block Scheme)
- Members operating a Clinic or Rehabilitation centre, or employing staff may require additional cover and should contact us for details.
- Separate cover is also available for Criminal Prosecution Defence Costs Click Here for details