Physiotherapists practising in the Republic of Ireland must be registered with Irelands regulatory body CORU set up under the Health and Social Care Professions Act 2005. The role of CORU is to protect members of the public by promoting high standards of professional conduct, education, training and competence. The CORU register for Physiotherapists opened 30th September 2016.
The Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists provide each Qualified and CORU registered member with the following cover as a membership benefit.
- Access to legal helplines 24/7
- Specialist legal representation at Fitness to Practise hearings
- Legal expenses insured up to €250,000 any one claim with a maximum of €500,000 per member in any period of insurance
- Cover applies to complaints notified during the currency of the policy which runs for 12 months from 30th September each year
- Incidents arising after CORU registration, ISCP membership or 30th September 2016 are included, whichever date is the later
- Cover includes complaints involving professional misconduct, poor performance, serious criminal offences, alleged medical malpractice and the like (but does not include legal defence costs arising from criminal prosecutions)
Please see policy summary, policy wording (for full details of the terms and conditions of cover and how to report a claim) together with an FAQ information paper, all available as a download from this page.
For help and advice on any
of the products please speak
to one of our professional
or email us here